We respect your privacy
- At Melbourne Amusement Hire, we respect your right to privacy, and we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and all website visitors. This set of policy will ensure how we collect and treat your personal information.
- We are adhering to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and, to the extent of application, the EU General Data Protection Regulation of GDPR.
- “Personal Information” in this context stands for the information that we hold and can use to identify you or about you. This includes information including but not limited to your name, email address, identification number, or any additional information that can be used reasonably to identify an individual directly or indirectly.
What personal information gets collected?
- Melbourne Amusement Hire will, from time to time, receive and store the personal information you are submitting to our website, which is provided to us directly forgiven to us in any other forms.
- You may provide only basic information, including your name, address, phone number, email address, and such, to enable us sending you relevant information and missives, updates and process your product or service order.
- We may decide to collect any additional information at other times, including but not limited to the time when you provide us with feedback when you provide information about your personal or business affair or both, change your contact information, content or email preference, respond to various surveys, and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information or communicate with our customer support.
- Additionally, we may also end up collecting any other information you may provide us while interacting with us on any occasion or capacity.
How are we going to collect your personal information?
How will we be using your personal information?
- Melbourne Amusement Hire may use the personal information collected from you to provide you with information about our products or services. We might also keep on informing you regarding new and additional products, services, and opportunities available for you.
- Melbourne Amusement Hire will also use the personal information provided by you only for the purposes that you are consenting to. This may include:
- Providing you with products and services during the usual course of business activities
- Administering our business activities
- Managing, researching and developing the products and services
- Providing you with information regarding the products and services we offer
- Communicating with you through several methods, including but not limited to telephone calls, emails, SMSs or regular mails, and
- Investigating any complaints
- If you are going to withhold any personal information, it may not be possible for us to provide you with the best opportunities, products or services. You may also discover several issues to fully access our website and experience the best possible outcome.
- We may disclose your personal information, but that is only to comply with any legal requirement. For instance, if a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, legal proceeding or in response to a request made by a law enforcement agency are the grounds that will force us to share the personal information you have submitted to us.
- If there is a change in control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer the user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. The extent to which the databases will be permissible for transfer will depend solely on our discretion.
Disclosure of your personal information
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for the European Union (EU)
- Melbourne Amusement Hire will comply with all the principles of data protection set out in the GDPR for the purpose of fairness, transparency and lawful data collection and use on our purpose.
- We will process all your personal information as a Processor and/or to the extent that we are a Controller or the information as defined in the GDPR.
- We will also be establishing a lawful basis for processing your personal information. The legal basis for which we will be collecting your personal information depends on the data we are collecting and how we are going to use it.
- We will only be collecting your personal information with your express consent for a specific purpose, and any data that gets accumulated in the process will be to the extent necessary and not excessive for its purpose. We will be keeping your data safe and secure within reasonable premises.
- We will process your personal information if deemed necessary for any legitimate interests or for fulfilling any contractual or legal obligation.
- We will also be processing your personal information if necessary to protect your life or in a medical situation. It is necessary to carry out a public function, a task of public interest or if the function has a clear basis in law.
- We won’t be collecting and processing any personal information from you which can be considered as “Sensitive Personal Information” under the GDPR, such as personal information pertaining to your sexual orientation, ethnic origin and such unless we have your explicit consent regarding the same or the information is being collected to and in accordance with the GDPR.
- You should not provide us with the personal information if you are under the age of 16 without expressed consent from your parent or someone who has parental authority over you/ we are not knowingly collecting or processing children’s personal information. If you find out that, unknowingly, we have done so. We request you to inform us regarding the breach immediately.
The rights you have under the GDPR
- If you are an individual residing in the EU, then you have certain rights as to how personal information can be obtained and then used. Melbourne Amusement Hire complies with the rights under the GDPR regarding how personal information is being used and controlled if you are residing in the European Union.
- Except mentioned otherwise in the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- To get information about how the personal information is being used
- Accessing your personal information (we will be providing you with a free copy of the same)
- To correct the personal information if it is inaccurate or in any way incomplete
- To delete your personal information (which is known as “the right to be forgotten”)
- To restrict the processing of the personal information
- To retain and reuse the personal information for your purposes
- To object to the collected personal information being used and
- To object against the automated decision making and profiling
- We may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the requests you are making, and you should be providing those proofs as required.
Hosting and international data transfers
- Information that we will be collecting from time to time may get stored, processed in, or transferred between parties or sites located in countries that are outside Australia. These may include but are not limited to Australia.
- The other group of companies we own or are in business relation with and we have offices and/or facilities in Australia. Transfers to each of these countries will be protected by appropriate safeguards; these include one or more of the following: the use of standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission, which you can obtain from the European Commission Website; the use of binding corporate rules, a copy of which you can obtain from the Data Protection Officer of Melbourne Amusement Hire.
- The hosting facilities for our websites are situated in Australia, and the transfers to each of these countries will be protected by appropriate safeguards; these include one or more of the following: the use of standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission, which you can obtain from the European Commission Website, the use of binding corporate rules, a copy of which you can obtain from Melbourne Amusement Hire’s Data Protection Officer.
- Our Suppliers and Contractors are situated in Australia. The transfers to each of these countries will be protected by appropriate safeguards; these include one or more of the following: the use of standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission, which you can obtain from the European Commission Website, the use of binding corporate rules, a copy of which you can obtain from Melbourne Amusement Hire’s Data Protection Officer.
- You are acknowledging that the personal data you are submitting for publication through our website or services may be available via the internet worldwide. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of the personal data by others.
Security of the personal information
- Melbourne Amusement Hire is committed to ensuring that the information you are providing us will remain secure. To prevent any unauthorised access or disclosure, we have placed suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures for safeguarding and securing information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- Where we will be applying data processors to process personal information on our behalf, and we only do so on the basis that such data processors will be complying with the requirements under the GDPR and it will have adequate technical measures in place for protecting personal information against any unauthorised use, loss and theft.
Access of the personal information
- You may decide to request the details of personal information that we have collected about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and to the extent that is applicable for the EU GDPR. For a copy of the information that we have collected about you or if you believe that any of the information we have is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date, irrelevant or misleading in any way, then please send us an email at email@example.com.
- We also reserve all the rights to refuse to provide you with the information that we have collected regarding you in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act or any other applicable law.
Complaints about privacy
- If you have any complaints regarding our different privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. We take complaints of this nature very seriously and will respond within a short while after receiving written notice of your complaint.
When you visit our website
- When you visit our website (https://melbourneamusementhire.com.au), we may end up collecting certain information, including but not limited to browser type, operating system. Website visited immediately before coming to our website etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people are going to use the website and additional information to find out how we can improve our services.
- Our website, from time to time have links to other websites which are not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience. The links to these third-party sites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement, or approval of these websites. Please be aware that Melbourne Amusement Hire is not responsible for the privacy practices of other such websites. We encourage all our users to remain mindful that when they are leaving our website, to go through the privacy statements of every website that they are visiting and the websites that collect personally identifiable information.