Melbourne Amusement Hire is committed to putting the safety of the people first. As a priority always, all rides and attractions get inspected every day and every time before opening. Trained and experienced ride foremen carefully examine every ride and all their section minutely for missing pins, any stress and electrical issues that may impair the machines’ safe operations. On the occasion they discover that a section of the equipment requires repair, it will be done by our full-time maintenance staff who has been hired and kept with us for this purpose. If needed, a qualified electrician is also employed for maintenance purpose. Once the repair is done, the whole system is again reinspected by a capable and competent team of professionals before it is deemed safe for operation.
During the off-season or the time when these machines are not being used, each piece of the equipment we offer for hiring is closely inspected and assessed. Then it is decided whether they are to be repaired or refurbished as per the requirement at the moment. Sometimes, these rides require a basic cosmetic makeover, and at other times, they require thorough refurbishing. Whatever the need of the moment is, the repair work is done according to the manufacturers’ specification. It is necessary to remember that, when it comes to the amusement machines, following the instructions from the manufacturer and using authentic parts whenever required is the best choice for the continued functioning of the machine and keeping everyone safe too.
The whole range of mechanical amusement devices we own are nationally registered with Workplace Health and Safety, and they are thoroughly inspected by qualified and experienced structural engineers, ensuring that anyone working on them or enjoying the rides remain safe at all time. Our ride attendants are trained in every aspect of operations. They are groomed to handle every responsibility that may come with the task at hand. From ride set up to operations, from safety to handling the riders, the attendants are well-versed in handling all the responsibilities while remaining polite in the process.
When you are riding any of the attractions we offer, it is necessary on your part to adhere to the ride restrictions and regulations about each ride. To ensure that you can enjoy the best of every ride, it is necessary to follow all the rules and regulations provided by us, as they will ensure that your experience remains safe and fun.
Checking your height
- For your safety, all mechanical rides come with a minimum height requirement.
- It will help in saving time by measuring your child beforehand. After you have found the correct measurements, you have to look for the safety signs posted at each of the rides to ensure that safe and timely movement of the ride lines are happening.
- We would advise you to ensure that children under the height of 1.0 metres may require a non-paying adult to accompany them for safety purposes only.
- Children over 1.2 metres and under 1.3 metres may require a paying adult to accompany them for safety purposes.
- If your child is under the height requirement and is not permitted to ride a particular ride, you are requested not to ask the ride attendant to make an exception to the rules. The attendants are there to do their job, and arguing with them or pestering them will only make the task difficult for them. It will ultimately make your experience at the event less than stellar.
Before going for the rides
- Before going for any ride, please observe the ride in motion and all the safety measures, including height and additional riding restrictions. This will help you to determine if the ride is appropriate for you and the child under your care or not.
- While riding any high-thrill rides, you should be expecting rapid changing of forces. Hence, physically and mentally challenged guests, expectant mothers, and anyone else with any health condition not conducive to such a ride may not be allowed to go for the ride.
- You should read and follow all the rules for each of the rides and instruct the children accompanying you on how to behave appropriately during each of them. Moreover, you should always follow all the instructions for the ride operator at all times.
- Before riding on any ride, you should ensure that any and all loose articles, including items such as bags, hats, mobile phones, sunglasses, jewellery pieces and likewise which has the potential to fall off during the ride, gets removed from your person.
During the rides
- Smoking, eating and drinking are prohibited during all amusement rides.
- During the ride, you are advised to remain seated and restrained while ensuring that your arms, legs and heads remain inside the ride at all times.
- Using all the safety equipment offered by the ride is necessary and always listening to the ride operator and attendant. Their instructions will be the best option.
- Remaining in your seat and restrained unless the ride comes to a complete stop and the operator clearly instructs you to leave falls within the purview of common sense. You should be following the same.
After the ride is over
- When the ride gets over, you should remain seated until you come to a complete stop and the ride operator gives you clear instruction to leave.
- During the course of the day and attending the event, if you start feeling tired, then you should take a break. The rides are not going to be as much fun if you are exhausted.
- If you have any queries regarding the rides and any additional information regarding any of the attractions we offer, we advise you to talk to our ride attendant for details.
Restrictions the rider will have to follow
Melbourne Amusement Hire recommends that you do not go for any of the rides or some of the rides if you have any or multiple of the following conditions; the list includes but is not limited to:
- High blood pressure
- Existing back or neck injuries
- Heart conditions
- Recent surgery or illness
- Broken bones and any limb in a cast
- Fear of heights
- Motion sickness
- Nervous disorders